If you haven’t heard, it was reported this past week that former American Idol judge, Simon Cowell, impregnated his (ex) best friend’s wife, Lauren Silverman.
After hearing this story, I immediately thought, “My next blog post will be all about cheaters!”
Now, thankfully, I’ve never been cheated on (at least..I think), so I can’t tell you first hand the pain and devastation that it causes someone who has been..I can only imagine. I remember when I got back together with my current boyfriend, I was constantly worried that he was actually just getting back together with me to be nice, and was probably cheating on me behind my back (I’m a bit of a worry wart… in case you couldn’t tell).
During this time in my life, it made me wonder, how can you spot the signs of a cheater? I know of many people who have been cheated on that say, “I had no idea,” or “the signs were there, I just wasn’t paying attention.” So, I consulted some other blogs and articles and found some of the top ways that you can tell if your significant other is cheating on you. For anyone who is curious, check these out:
1. You catch your partner in little lies, unaccounted for gaps in time, inordinate amount of attention on appearance or ogling others.
2. Your partner is in TOTAL control of their phone- locks it, showers with it, sleeps with it, etc.
3. Their stories keep changing about who their texts are from.
4. Your partner becomes viciously defensive during conversations involving accusations.
5. They either becomes totally disinterested in affection..or, they become overly affectionate.
6. Your partner starts recommending that you dress and act differently.
7. They go from not working out to hitting the gym extra hard, and have suddenly become obsessed with their appearance.
8. Your partner has a sudden, frequent, change in their routine.
In general, if you’re worried that your partner is cheating, the best advice that I can give you is to ask. Keep those lines of communication open!
Granny Smith-over and out